Materials: Wood with Glass Mosaic hand crafted in Thailand
Total Height Including Base: 63 inches
Widest Point: 22"
Base Diameter: 10" x 10"
Weight: 46 pounds
- The Sukhothai style is one of the most popular and recognizable Buddha forms from Thailand
- He wears a beautiful robe that is decorated with glass inlay work, stunning!
- His two hands are up in the fear dispelling abhaya mudra of protection, with the two hands up it also known as the "calming the ocean" hand position
- It is a good Buddha for repelling negative energy and for protection, also for blessing your space
- His form is composed of sinuous curves and cylindrical forms, creating a "boneless" weightless elegance.
- The different portions of the body follow abstract ideals based on analogy with natural forms; the shoulders are like an elephant’s trunk, torso like a lion, and the nose like a parrot’s beak
- His face and features are elongated, and the brows, eyes, nose, and mouth are a series of strongly marked curves
- The head bears a flame like protuberance above the ushnisha cranial bump, which is a symbol of his elevated and awakened state of consciousness
- Ships from our California gallery